Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Hi, nice to meet you my name is Benjamin DiMirco; it is a pleasure.

Ever get confused with the 'art' of first impressions these days? I do. The internet has substituted the authenticity of  ACTUALLY meeting someone in-a-ways like never before. Throughout the course of this class, I want to thoroughly examine the role the internet & film plays in modern society while also using this class to transform my passions onto the screen. 

Across the duration of my childhood, I was oddly obsessed with two things: drawing & football. Yes, kind of an odd team to pair together; however, looking back at those years I am extremely grateful for those moldings. Drawing foreshadowed my passion and respect for all forms of the arts (film & movies being my favorite) and my love for football foreshadowing my passion for fitness and athletics still do this date. By taking this class I want to absorb creative techniques that will set myself apart from others inside the fitness space so that in the long run I can eventually use the same learned creative skills to formulate my own unique businesses that will have a strong and lasting impact on both the city of New York and beyond. 

Some movies that inspired me to pursue this course were/are American History X, Platoon, The Godfather Trilogy. Just to name a few. Each of these films showed me that there is a deeper meaning to film than I had ever thought before. The way scenes are cut, music is used, the representations of characters is what altered my perception of all facets of this art. And in a way began my everlasting and forever growing knowledge in media and in film.

I will hopefully meet you all soon,
Benjamin DiMirco

No comments:

Post a Comment

blog 4

During the piece “Say Something to Bunny” by Alison Kobayashi, several key elements on film and art are represented and displayed, in which ...